Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The skin I'm in.

It is the first week in December...already. I've purchased 0 Christmas presents and my skin is angry! Well I take that back, I got a facial last week and it helped clear up some breakouts from my work trip to Vegas that wouldn't go away. (Gia is amazing at Spa Social) Now it is just a little dry and some post acne redness. BOO! It is a work in progress. I just long for that day that I can wake up and not have the need for makeup, maybe just a little tinted moisturizer and go. But on the bright side my guns are getting HUGE!
See:




 But in other news, just finished up a fashion segment at WGN for The Shops at North Bridge....Erica and Dee (and Amanda) are just so wonderful to work for. I have been fortunate enough to have modeled for them for so many years. They really are so genuine and fun to work for. Plus who doesn't love being on tv? I worked with all these models from Factor (go figure.) I of course feel like an outcast because I am not apart of their "agency" ( I quote agency mostly out of annoyance, they really are with a great Chicago agency.) I am not with an agency. I have in fact been freelance or "independent" for almost the entire duration of modeling. I started off with Lily's Talent Agency but after making the mistake of going exclusive and cutting my hair off (Thanks Nick Arrojo) it didn't work out. Why is it that they don't educate 15/16 year old models on what they should and shouldn't do when they send you to a casting?  I decided to leave once my exclusivity was up and here I am. I can't really say many negative things about my career thus far considering I have been lucky enough to have great connections and a good reputation of being professional, reliable, and good at what I do. I mean who gets to model for the Chicago Bears, walk in Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, and model consistently for the most amazing fashion boutique in the city? (KRISTA K BOUTIQUE) That's right me! So why am I not signed? Beats the heck out of me, I see girls all the time that are signed and I wonder what is so special about here (sounds harsh) but truthfully we all want to think highly of how we look and how superb our portfolio is. It really is very subjective (just like anything that is based off esthetics.) I guess I just get frustrated that I know I can deliver and somehow I am not the chosen one.  I do get some great opportunities but being at a stand still and not progressing is always so annoying regardless of the situation. Being 25 means I am not getting any younger, but at least I stay in better shape than a lot of these other fellow string beaners out there. Suck it, I have the same hip size but at least I have a nice firm muscular glutes to work with. 

In most recent news
UPS just came through, I decided to buy the Neiman Marcus/Target collaboration stuff....I got the Tory Burch Thermos and Lunch box...totally cute..very excited to splurge on myself these days.





 And of course I couldn't end it without taking some pictures of myself and my cats.  Seeing Cephalic Carnage tomorrow night, so that'll be swell. The Hobbit is next week. Well I can't even begin to describe my level of excitement there. Until next time, stare at my pictures of me being vain.

<3














No comments:

Post a Comment